Monday, July 1, 2013

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


Title: Confessions of an Angry Girl
Author: Louise Rozett
Pages: 266
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Date of Published: August 28th 2012
Format: NetGalley, eARC
My Rating: 4 1/2 stars


Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…


1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?



2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is nowenraged and out for blood. Mine.



3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)



Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.



(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)



(Sorry. That was rude.)

Review:

When I first started reading this book, I wasn't expecting anything. I was hoping it would be a light and fun read. This is the first book I read for fun in a year. I'm always reading books for school but I finally made myself read a book. Im so happy I did. I was in a reading slump for a year, but this book changed it.
This book is about a girl name rose. She is starting the first year of high school, without her brother or dad. She isn't happy with her life, either is her mom. Her life is falling apart. His brother isn't the same anymore after he went to college.

Tracy missed Rose birthday when she turned fourteen. She was so obsessed over her boyfriend and the idea of hanging out with the cheerleading squad. She missed her fifth teen birthday also but why? Tracy is part of the cheerleading squad. She was always trying to make Rose be friends with her popular group she hangs out with but Rose never did like them. It made them grew apart. I still like Tracy, I feel like she's half the girls at my school. They think popularity is an important part of high school. It's not. 
Rose knew Jamie from long ago. He was in the same hockey team as her brother but he got kicked off the team. Throughout the school year she was always curious why Jamie was looking at her. Was he checking her out? No? Yes? Jamie sounds like a hottie. I love when there's a bad boy in the book. Oh did I tell you Jamie has a girlfriend, she's the captain of the cheerleading squad. 
Robert was always in love with Rose but she never felt the same way. He was always friend zoned. I love Robert. He's so cute and he is always there for Rose even though she doesn't want him to be there. It's like a guy best friend. She's sick and tired of him.
From the first page to the last page, there's always something happening. I love how fast paced the book is. The action never stops. It's a story about a freshman girl who has problems in her life. The book involves drama, losing friends, romance, and personal problems. It's also funny at times. I love this book! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment